Whether an off-the-road tire explosion at a steel plant, a grain dust explosion at a farmers’ cooperative, or a fatal car accident, personal injury claims are serious, and no claim is alike. We develop an individualized defense strategy for each claim, and, time and again, our aggressive approach to the defense of these claims has yielded successful results. Many times, our defense strategy involves dispositive motions, and we have had great success with early motions for judgment on the pleadings, Daubert challenges to an opponent’s expert, and summary judgment motions. Where our defense strategy leads to trial, our experienced attorneys make the way to success straight and plain.
- Green v. Logan County, Ohio, et al., U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio No. 2:07-CV-778. Attained judgment on the pleadings on negligence and Section 1983 claims for a mental health organization and licensed social worker arising out of a brutal murder by a juvenile sex offender. Plaintiff’s request for leave to amend was denied due to its futility.
- Schrolucke v. Auglaize Farmers Cooperative, Auglaize County Case No. 05-CV-0103. Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Auglaize Farmers Cooperative on an employer intentional tort claim arising from a grain dust explosion.
- Coffey v. AK Steel Corp., et al., Butler County No. CV 2008 05 2371. Defended BR Retreading, Inc. in complex negligence and products liability suit involving tire explosion, with claims voluntarily dismissed following settlement by all other defendants.
- Hale v. CSX Transp. (Oct. 31, 2008), 2nd App. Nos. 22546, 22547, 22592, 2008 WL 4763483, 2008-Ohio-5644. Motorist and families of motorist and deceased passengers brought actions against city, railroad, and county commissioners arising out of a collision between automobile and railroad at a damaged railroad crossing. Municipal defendants were granted summary judgment.
- Ray v. Ramada Inn North, Montgomery County Case No. 2004-cv-3309. Defense verdict in a slip & fall accident at a local hotel.
- Fry v. Cho (January 30, 2013), Montgomery Cty. Case No. 2011-CV-6276. Obtained unanimous defense verdict in disputed-liability car accident case. The plaintiff had sought a six-figure verdict for her injuries.