Halli Brownfield Watson moved to Dayton, Ohio and joined Subashi & Wildermuth in 2009. She is a litigation attorney with a diverse practice area including representing school districts and risk management pools, insurance coverage disputes, the defense of government entities, public records litigation, personal injury defense, and general liability defense. Halli has handled a broad range of cases ranging from car accident cases to Lanham Act false advertising claims and professional licensure issues.
Prior to joining Subashi & Wildermuth, Halli practiced with a litigation boutique firm in Cleveland specializing in the representation of plaintiffs in catastrophic injury litigation including personal injury, medical malpractice, and products liability cases as well as class action, employment, and insurance coverage cases.
Halli has handled cases across the state of Ohio in state and federal court.
She has trial experience and has appeared and argued before several of Ohio’s Courts of Appeals.
Halli graduated magna cum laude from Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2007. At Cleveland-Marshall, Ms. Watson was a member of the Cleveland State University Law Review and served on its Executive Committee and as a Managing Editor. She graduated cum laude from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio in 2004 where she majored in French, Economics, and Political Science (Honors Program) and minored in French Studies.
Halli is a native of Cleveland, Ohio. She resides in Kettering with her husband, Chris, and their son.
- J.D., Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, magna cum laude, (2007)
- B.A., Case Western Reserve University, cum laude (2004)
- Supreme Court of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court
Primary Practice Areas
- Administrative and Regulatory Law
- Employment & Labor
- Education Law
Employment & Labor
- Smith v. Dayton Public Schools, Montgomery County Case No. 2010 CV 01270. Obtained dismissal on motion for judgment on the pleadings of former teacher’s sexual harassment and intentional tort claims against school and school employees.
Insurance – General Liability and Casualty
- Heider v. Siemens, AG, Allen County Case No. CV 2008 0812. Summary judgment on behalf of Ottawa Oil and the driver in a tractor-trailer collision.
Insurance – Coverage Disputes
- Blue Ash Auto Body v. Butler County Mechanical Services, Butler County Court of Common Pleas Case No. 2010 03 1381. Obtained dismissal on motion for judgment on the pleadings of plaintiffs’ claims arising from dispute over reasonable and necessary costs to repair a collision-damaged motor vehicle.
- Wagner v. Nationwide Mutual Fire Ins. Co., Adams County Court of Common Pleas Case No. CVH 20090318. Defended insurance carrier from insured’s claims that it wrongfully refused to pay a fire loss claim resulting in plaintiff’s voluntary dismissal of his claims.
- Metropolitan Educational Council v. Regency & Middough, et al, Morrow County Court of Common Pleas 2009-CV-00270. Prosecuted contract claims arising out improper installation of roof cover on school construction site that caused water infiltration and extensive damage to school property to successful settlement.